Sunday, March 1, 2020

Keto enchiladas and tacos

Keto Enchiladas and Tacos

It all starts with the "tortilla shell" or in this case cheese. Yes, I did say cheese. I used a mixture of freshly shredded cheddar and Colby Jack cheese. Placed on my silpat covered jellyroll pans. Placed on the oven at 350F for approximately 7 min. Until the edges were Brown and the cheese melty.

Make sure to give enough room for spreading. About 1/4 of a cup or so. I eye balled it. 



I made a keto friendly taco meat mixture for the enchiladas and used the same meat in the tacos. Both were delicious. I used a low sugar taco mix (you can make your own). Diced tomatoes and ground beef with onion cooked in avacado oil. I added beans after I took out the portion for the keto enchiladas and tacos to add extra fiber for my kids enchiladas (made out of flour tortillas. I used regular red enchilada sauce for the enchiladas. About 1 medium can. About, 8oz I think.

 Meat for my kids enchiladas
 My keto pan for enchiladas was lightly spread with enchilada sauce in the bottom to keep the cheese "tortillas" from sticking to the pan.
 My separate meat mixture for the enchiladas taco and enchiladas. (No beans)
 I placed the meat mixture in the cheese and rolled them up then placed them in the prepared pan.
 Topped with more shredded colby Jack cheese. Then baked for 10min to heat through. My "tortillas" kept their shape and had a great texture for the enchiladas.

For my Taco shells, I took the cheese about 1 min after taken out of the oven. I draped them over wooden spoon handles to create the "tortilla" shells. Ate cold or cool with meat and it was hearty. I couldn't eat more than one it was so filling and delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment