Saturday, February 8, 2020

Keto instant pot BBQ ribs

I recently got an Instant Pot. Dinners up until that point lately was mediocre at best, quick premade no real thought dinners. Instant Mac n cheese, premade hamburgers, junk to say the least. No excitement and desire to make dinner. I bought an Instant Pot at my you Gest sisters joy of feeding her family, quick, healthy, prepped meals. While getting her dinner done j. 30 mins. Target had a sale on them so I jumped in with both feet. Verdict... I love this thing!!! Don't get me wrong I was terrified I'd blow up the machine and maim one of my kids or myself in the process of using it. I psyced myself out and read the material, did the water test... Once I did the water test, my fears were gone! I was looking up easy recipes, like hard-boiled eggs, chicken breasts from frozen and dinner ideas. My hubby decided at about the time to start Keto! Another hurdle to overcome. How to make family dinners for basically 4 people with no pasta, bread or rice! Ok... Challenge accepted... Let's start with ribs!

I saw several people posting on Facebook their instant pot ribs... Looked easy enough.

Ok, ribs were super easy! IP with chicken broth (about 2 cups), apple cider vinegar (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), and liquid smoke (2-3 Tbs). After dry rubbed the ribs with choice of dry rub. (Be sure to remove the membrane), cook manual high pressure 30-35 min (I did 35 min for two full racks), natural release for 15 min. Removed ribs, placed on cookie sheet, broiled with liquid BBQ sauce of choice for 5 min close to broiler. Serve! Delicious, fall off the bones!













1 comment:

  1. I made these tonight and they were so good. They were so tender and the meat fell off the bone.

    ReplyDelete