Friday, October 22, 2010

Spaghetti Squash with spaghetti sauce

OK, I didn't eat dinner last night, but I made it. I made Spaghetti Squash with spaghetti sauce. The spaghetti sauce was a can of Hunts Spaghetti sauce. Which I have in my food storage. So, I've never actually made spaghetti squash before, I had to go to ask.com and find out. I watched their video tutorial and it helped a lot. Here is what I did...

I poked holes around the outside of the spaghetti squash. several on each side. Then I placed it on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven of 375F for 1 hour. Then I let it set for about 1 hour, when it was cool enough to touch. Then I sliced it in half, scraped out the seeds and stringy stuff attached to the seeds. Then once I dumped out the seeds and stuff, I used the tines of a fork to start shredding the sides of the pulp which pulled nicely off into little shreds of what looks like spaghetti.

I heated the spaghetti sauce on the stove, and then poured it on top of the spaghetti squash. Mixed it up and then served it to the boys with parmesan cheese. When Bill had some he said it tasted just like al dente pasta. He said it was really good.

I had been invited to my first Bunco game as a sub for one of the original players. It was a crazy evening, so no pictures sorry. But I will be making something else with the spaghetti squash soon. I have two of them, well now one. I'm looking forward to documenting my next spaghetti squash adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment