Sunday, October 17, 2010

Homemade Mashed Red Potatoes


Ok, this is my secret recipe. This is my children's favorite mashed potatoes. They say it's my FAMOUS recipe. But, not famous yet... but very tasty. I hope you enjoy. I manually mash my potatoes. With a hand potato masher.

Ingredients:
2 potatoes per person
diced onions, about 1/2 an onion or minced onion
1 tsp to 2 tsp minced garlic
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a pan cut up the potatoes, add to cold water to cover. Add the onion and garlic to the potatoes. Cook on high til boiling, then put to medium heat til potatoes are soft, where one is taken out and a fork can mash it easy. checking periodically after 25 min. Then drain off the water, add back to the pot, with butter, milk and sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. This is a yummy recipe. We love it. I hope you do too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment