I made homemade bread last night. I have the recipe on my blog here. Now this recipe is very versetile but is an all day process. So be warned... It is so worth it. You can make this dough and freeze it, pre-bake some of the crusts and freeze them for another day.. What ever. So here is what I made.
6-7 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 fresh roma tomato, sliced and then cut in half
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozorlla cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup to 1 cup of garden combination Ragu spaghetti sauce. (to create a light sauce layer)
1 pre-baked crust using my bread recipe
sprinkle parmesan cheese and italian seasoning
2 dashes of cooking white wine
salt and pepper
1/4 stick of butter
After you slice all of your vegetables, set aside. In a small skillet melt 1/4 stick of butter, when nice and bubbly then add the mushrooms and onions. saute... while saute'ing them sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then add a dash or two of cooking white wine, continue to saute' until all the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated. Mushrooms will be a nice flavor and onions will have a translucent sheen. Set aside.
1. Spread lightly the spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with minced garlic.
2. Add the mushroom/onion mixture, spreading evenly on top of the crust.
3. Next add the diced bell pepper and then layer the spinach.
4. On top of the spinach add the tomato sliced in a layer on top of the spinach. Next sprinkle with cheese on top.
5. spoon pieces of ricotta cheese on top of the cheese layer and sprinkle the chopped basil.
6. sprinkle with italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
Bake in a Preheated 425F degree oven for 12-14 minutes until golden brown crust and melted cheese on top.
I only have three pieces of this pizza left that I'm going to have for lunch today. My husband ate some too... This was very tasty and beautiful. The bread recipe is very versatile and can be substituted for just about any kind of bread type item you want. I was cooking so much that my rolls went flat. So I baked them anyways and they will be turned into croutons with some olive oil and seasoning. Get creative and have fun. Let me know how you liked this pizza recipe :)