Thursday, October 7, 2010

Slow cooker smothered Pork Chops

Ok, I'm not making this tonight, but a friend was saying she needed more slow cooker recipes. So I thought I'd add one to my blog to help her out. So, when I make this again, hopefully soon, I will add pictures so you can see how mine turns out. This works best in the 6 quart crock pot.

Ingredients:
1.5 -2 lb boneless pork chops
2 cans french onion soup (campbells)
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
Heat a skillet on high heat with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, place pork chops in skillet, brown on both sides. Should be pretty quick 1-2 min per side. (this will also help keep moisture in the pork chop). Once browned on both sides remove from skillet. In slow cooker, place the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker, stir to mix together, then add the pork chops to the mixture and cook on low for 6 hrs. Serve with rice or potatoes. A salad is a nice side dish. Pork chops come out nice and moist, Great gravy to smother the pork chops in. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment