Monday, October 4, 2010

Meatloaf recipe for tonights dinner







Okay, I posted a meatloaf recipe before I made mine tonight. Well, I changed it. Here is what I made tonight.

Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 400F

1 lb ground beef
1 lb pork sausage
1/2 large onion (diced)
2 tiny bell peppers (1/2 large bell pepper)(diced)
2 eggs
5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon
minced garlic
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon
Mrs. Dash
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tsp salt
3 tbsp ketchup

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into a loaf in a loaf pan or into small loaves on cookie sheet. Bake in oven 30 min, then top with glaze. Bake an additional 15 min at 350 F.

Glaze
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 tsp dry mustard


Mix
well, place in fridge until needed to glaze before the last 15 min. Reserve rest to add during meal.

I made mine into small loaves so they are a more single serve portion. I will be serving with Mashed potatoes and green beans. The bell peppers I used are bonnie bells, they are a small green bell pepper (very sweet) from my garden. I love incorporating items from my garden into my recipes.

The pictures are part of the ingredients and what my mini-meatloaves looked like before I put them in the oven and when the glaze was added. Tonights meatloaf was a HIT... Braeden had three servings. One was enough for me and the rest. I have two leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. MMMM SO YUMMY! I think the best yet. Let me know what you think...Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment