Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Beef Roast with Homemade Mashed Potatoes













I decided to try something different with my beef roast today. I wanted to be a little fancy, since today is my oldest's birthday. I wanted it to feel like he was at a fancy restaurant. I decided to try a lattice weave with the bacon on top of the beef.

Ingredients:
1 beef roast
1 pkg bacon
steak seasoning salt
liquid smoke

Directions:
I dried off the outside of the beef, Then I sprinkled and rubbed in on all sides of the beef the seasoning salt, then started laying the bacon across the top of the beef. Once the beef was covered in the bacon I placed it in a roasting pan that was coated in olive oil. Then I put the lid on it and put it in a 325F oven for 3.5 hrs. Low and slow cooking it.

It came out like a nice beef brisket. It was pretty good, and the bacon came out nice and crispy. :) The kids said it was really yummy. The left overs will most likely be used as a pulled beef bbq. I hope you try this and enjoy.

along with this I served my homemade mashed potatoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment