Monday, October 25, 2010

Chili with leftovers


I was thinking of not posting this recipe since it isn't completely from scratch, but I guess some of the things in here I made from scratch so I'll post it :) This isn't my normal chili, but it works in a pinch.

I tried to use some of the leftovers I had in the fridge so I didn't have to work too hard in the kitchen today. here's what I did.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup leftover sloppy joe mixture (leftovers)
1 1/2 cup taco meat (leftovers)
2 cans store bought chili with beans
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 can sweet cream corn (for sweetness)

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and let simmer for 2 hrs on high.

I am serving it with rice, cheese and sour cream.

VERDICT!
My son tested the chili and said it was a little sweet. (maybe they will eat more of it :)) It is very good, not very sweet, it has a nice flavor. The kids said it was the BEST chili they had ever had. Braeden had two bowls, I was a piggy and had two bowls, and the others ate their bowls clean... I will definitely be making this chili again. I will try to make taco's, and sloppy jo's in the same week, for this yummy leftover chili. It really was good. :) My Texas roots would be proud. :) It had a nice after taste, and flavor. Not too spicy that the kids wouldn't eat it, but just enough of a kick to be flavorful. :) A definite winner :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment