Monday, August 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip-Brownie Cake

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I had to make it! Since we're having FHE tonight and are busy until then, I thought this would be a great idea, since it's cooked in the slow cooker. Luckily for me, I have two separate crockpots. I have dinner going in one, and I'm going to make this in the other one. :) This looks dangerously delicious! So bad and NOT healthy, but I've been so busy and I need a pick-me-up! every once in a while isn't bad... right!? Well, I'm using the recipe exactly as written. I'm not as comfortable adjusting baked goods in the slow cooker as I am other recipes.
Doesn't that look decadent? It does to me :)

Ingredients:
1 box fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 chocolate chip cookie mix pouch
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping if desired
*Hot fudge topping if desired

Directions:

Spray 4 1/2 qt. slow cooker with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl mix brownie mix, 1/4 cup melted butter and 2 eggs. In another bowl, mix chocolate chip cookie mix with 1/4 cup melted butter, and 2 eggs.

Drop by large spoonfuls alternating brownie and chocolate chip cookie batters into slow cooker.

Cover, Cook on high heat setting for 2-3 hours or until cake is set in the center. To serve, spoon cake from slow cooker, and top with ice cream and fudge sauce.

I can't wait to try this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment