Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread


This recipe again came from the WestBend recipe website. It was originally Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Bread. But my kids don't really like raisins. So, I decided not to add them. It was FABULOUS! My kids ate the whole loaf of bread this morning, and then complained when it was all gone. Now that is what I call a successful loaf of bread. Wouldn't you? This one is super easy to make. I again set my bread maker on delay, and had a nice warm loaf of bread in the bread maker when I got up this morning. The morning was slower than usual, we even had some scrambled eggs with our breakfast bread, with a small glass of juice. All in all I'd say it was a HUGE success. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. I'm on my second loaf in my bread maker, and I may have a third before today is over.

Ingredients:

10 oz (1 1/4 cup) milk, 75-85F (I warmed mine on beverage setting in the microwave)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine (use room temperature)
3 cups bread flour
3/4 cup oats, quick or old fashioned
2-4 Tbsp brown sugar, packed ( I didn't pack mine and I pinched it on top to create a nice fluffy layer of sugar on top of the oats.)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (I added about 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tsp bread machine/fast rise yeast
*1/2 cup raisins (I didn't add, optional)

Directions:

1. Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.

2. Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of the dry ingredients to the corners. Lock pan into bread machine.

3. Make an indention in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.

4. Select desired setting (1 1/2 loaf, medium crust). Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. Add raisins when alert sounds during the knead cycle. When bread is done, turn bread maker off and, using oven mitts. unlock and remove the bread pan and cool on rack before slicing.

*** SPECIAL TIP: To make raisin bread overnight or without being present to add the raisins, follow steps 1-3 above. Then place raisins around the outside edge of pan. on top of dry ingredients, away from the yeast. Do not add to raisins to the water in pan as the raisins will absorb too much liquid and a poor loaf of bread will be obtained. Continue with step 4.

Verdict! DELICIOUS!!! WE loved it! I'm making my second loaf today. Will most likely make another loaf before the day is through. Enjoy! We do!

No comments:

Post a Comment