Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Corn Chowder Cheesy Pot Pie


Tonights recipe is not exactly home made in the scratch form, but home made none the less. I was hitting a brain wall... I couldn't decide what to make for dinner. Then I read a recipe for chicken corn pot pie. I was going to use canned chicken, and a can of corn and a can of cream of chicken soup that it called for. But then I realized that I had a couple of cans of chicken corn chowder from Campbell's chunky. I thought, at least there are more veggies in that then in the recipe. So here is what I did. and it smells and looks wonderful.

Ingredients
2 cans chicken corn chowder (Campbell's chunky soup)
1 pkg corn muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Direction:
Preheat oven to 400F. In a pie dish or medium casserole dish, pour the corn chowder in the pan. Then mix the corn muffin mix together with the milk and egg (follow package directions). Then before you spread on the corn muffin mix, sprinkle some of the shredded cheese on top of the corn chowder. Then spoon on top of the cheese the corn muffin mix. Then spread with back of spoon.

Bake 30 minutes until corn muffin mix on top turns light brown. Once it's removed from the oven sprinkle more cheese on top and let it melt.

Serve warm.
Feeds 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment