Friday, April 29, 2011

Sweet, Tangy Chicken

This was what I made in the slow cooker last night. I will be eating it for lunch today. My intention was to serve this for dinner, but we ended up going out to dinner. Why you might ask since I had food in the slow cooker. Well... Yesterday was spent at the car dealership. I was in a car accident two weeks ago. My vehicle was totaled, and I needed another car. I didn't want to have a payment, but nothing worked out to get a vehicle without a payment. We were helped by my husband's WONDERFUL parents. They helped us get into a safe family car. We are so blessed. We can afford the payment, and we will be working hard to pay it off quickly. We want to repay their kindness by getting this off as quickly as possible. Well, long story short. We also got a check from the insurance company for what my vehicle was worth that we put part of it on as a down payment on the vehicle. We decided to go out to dinner since it was easier. My brain couldn't function after all the stress. So, tonight will be leftover, but the kids don't know it's leftovers. :) They never saw it. I'm going to try to make my potato rolls to go with it like sandwiches. They will enjoy it. I'm going to shred my sweet tangy chicken to go on the rolls. mmm my mouth is watering already. That's usually a good sign. One of the things I like about this recipe is that it has a fruit component to it. My kids don't even know.

Ingredients:

1 can cranberry sauce (whole berry or non)
1/2 bottle of creamy French dressing or Catalina dressing
1 package dry italian dressing mix
3 lbs chicken tenders (boneless, skinless)

Directions:
In slow cooker place cranberry sauce, french dressing and italian dressing mix in and stir to incorporate all ingredients, then add the chicken tenders moving them around so the mixture is around each tender. Cook on low for 4-6 hrs until the chicken tenders are cooked through, then remove the tenders, shredding with two forks. Then replace back in the slow cooker on warm. til ready to serve.

Serve on rolls, toast, mashed potatoes, pasta or even on a bed of salad greens.

These are tasty, tangy and sweet. The sweetness comes from a combination of the cranberry sauce and the french dressing. The tang comes from the french dressing, the seasoning and the cranberry sauce. A great combination and an easy healthier meal. :) Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment