Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pesto Tilapia with a Pesto Alfredo Orzo

Tonight was the ending of a very busy day. I am surprised that my brain and my head hasn't exploded... I am trying to find a car we can afford after my vehicle accident. So, I also started my last term towards my associates degree, with three classes. On top of that I had a job interview today, first one in two years. It felt really good. Then we had spanish club and liberty bowl club for the boys after school, then pack meeting for cub scouts. And my husband is working late tonight. So dinner, is not the typical dinner, but still some of it is mostly scratch. The fish was delicious, the orzo was very creamy and flavorful.

I am really loving pesto. I guess its some sort of pesto faze but it is so tasty. And I'm loving all of the delicious things that go with it.

Ingredients for Pesto Tilapia
7 tilapia filets
1 1/2 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
4 Tbsp olive oil and 4 Tbsp margarine or butter
1/2 tsp of pesto per tilapia filets
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
* do not dry the tilapia filets. Mix salt and pepper in the italian seasoned breadcrumbs, then dredge the tilapia filets in the italian breadcrumbs, (their natural moisture will help the breadcrumbs stick). Then heat the oil and butter/margarine in a saucepan til bubbly. Then add the filets to the bubbly oil mixture and don't move until they are browning on the edges, then flip the fish and continue to cook one or two minutes longer. (the filets cook fast). I placed them on a foil lined jelly roll pan (cookie sheet) and then spread the pesto on to the fish and place in an oven at 325F for about 5 minutes to make sure the fish is nice and flaky.

Ingredients for the Pesto Alfredo Orzo
1 lb orzo
1 bottle garlic parmesan Alfredo (ragu)
1 Tbsp pesto (a little goes a long way)

Directions:
Cook the orzo according to package directions or until your taste. Then drain off the water. Add the pesto and Alfreo sauce to the same pan, stir. Then add the orzo and stir to incorporate. and serve warm.

Delicious and flavorful!

I loved it, One of my son's had two pieces of fish, my husband had 3 pieces. I'd say the fish was a HIT! and then the Orzo is delicious and creamy! a win for a quick dinner :)


Just what I needed to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment