Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Basic Dinner Rolls/Hamburger buns/breadsticks Bread-maker


I made these AMAZING hamburger buns tonight for our cheddar bacon burgers. (Only out of necessity) I had bought the store bought whole wheat "healthy" buns. However, when I went to get them out for our dinner tonight, they were moldy... :( yuck! Therefore, I had to do some quick thinking about what to do for our dinner tonight if I didn't have buns. I had made in my bread-maker yesturday some quick easy dinner rolls. (out of the recipe book included with my bread-maker, over 12 years ago...) Yes, I still have the recipe/instruction booklet from my bread-maker. It goes with me everywhere. It is also the only pizza dough recipe I use too. I can post it later. :) now these ingredients are to be added to my bread-maker in the order the ingredients are listed. Luckily for me, practically fool proof. Now just a little back ground for me, my husbands mother gave the bread-maker to me as a bridal shower gift. She knew how much her son loved fresh baked bread, so this was her way of helping me get to his heart through his stomach. ;) It has been a blessing to our family. :)

Ingredients add to bread-maker in order of listing if your bread-maker is a liquid first then dry.
8 oz (1 cup) water, 80F
3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
3 cups Bread Flour (I only use Lehi roller mills unbleached flour)
3 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Dry Milk (I use the LDS food storage non-fat dry milk)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Active Dry Yeast or 1 1/2 tsp breadmachine/fast rise yeast.

1)Add water and butter to pan (cutting up the butter into small pieces)

2) Add bread flour, sugar, dry milk, and salt to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners.

3) Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread-maker.

*4) Program for dough. Program time delay if being used. Start bread-maker. When done, unlock pan from bread-maker. Place dough onto floured surface. Let rest 15 minutes.

5) Finish as desired. Place on greased baking pan or sheets, cover and let rise in warm, draft free place until double in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Brush with butter or slightly beaten egg white and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

* for my hamburger buns at step 4 I just removed dough from bread maker after it sat in the bread-maker for 15 minutes after it was done. Then I divided the dough in half and then each half into 4 halves. Then formed into flat rounds. And then I placed on a cookie sheet I had prepped with PAM, covered with plastic wrap and placed on the stove to double in size, almost triple in size. Then placed in a preheated 350F oven for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment