Thursday, December 2, 2010

Eggs in a Nest


This morning, I was craving eggs and buttered toast, but also maple syrup... Doesn't that just sound delicious? I thought so this morning. So, I of course put my own spin on it... It was SOOO good... I had to share, and not only that but my middle son Braeden, reminded me to take a picture,.. he thought it was YUMMY! He said "Hey, mom, Take a picture.. this is homemade and yummy... even the bread... " I of course made this for him before I made mine, and his was all gone... So, I made myself this and Oh boy.... yummy!

Ingredients (makes two)
2 slices of bread (preferably homemade)
2 eggs
butter
salt and pepper to taste
toaster
skillet

Directions:
Place thick slices of bread in the toaster, in a skillet melt at least 2 tbsp butter. Once the toast is toasted in the toaster, place in melted butter in skillet. Turn over quickly to butter both sides with melted butter. Then cut a criss cross pattern on the inside of the bread between crusts, then crack one egg onto each piece of toast. and cook one side till brown, then flip and cook till browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then remove and drizzle maple syrup on top... if you don't like runny eggs, cook longer over lower heat.. to cook till done to likeness. I however, LOVE runny eggs.

Verdict...
Heaven for breakfast... sweet, salty, eggy, buttery, toasty, mapley... what could be better, Not much. It's late and I'm getting hungry for some for a late night snack... mmmmm yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment