Monday, October 27, 2014

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I have been trying a bunch of low carb or no carb breakfast pancakes, to help me keep a lower blood sugar during this pregnancy. We love, I mean LOVE pancakes for breakfast here at my house. I can't have the regular pancakes because there are too many carbs, plus the sugar from the syrup. Therefore I've been scouring Pinterest for low carb or no carb pancakes and trying each one, to see which one I like the best. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I halved it, since I was only feeding myself. These are the most "Pancakey" (I'm saying it's a real word) like pancakes. They are fluffy, and don't run when you pour the batter on the griddle. They make a thick batter. However, I thought the consistency was odd. Not bad, just odd. Very spongy. I don't know if I will make these again, but they were definitely interesting to make. I enjoyed the option to make these out of cottage cheese, and eggs. I generally love cottage cheese, and eggs of course. However, if you want pancakes that look like pancakes, but don't really taste like pancakes... These are for you. They will work for me in a pinch in the future.

Ingredients:

3/4 c cottage cheese
3 eggs
a pinch of kosher salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 c flour
1-2 dash cinnamon
1/4 tsp double strength vanilla

Directions:

Mix the eggs together until light in color. Separately blend cottage cheese until smooth in appearance. (I used an attachment to my submersible blender that acts like a food processor.) Once done, mix together with whisk the egg and cottage cheese, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Once all those are incorporated together add the vanilla and cinnamon. Heat griddle, spray with non-stick spray, and pour on griddle. Cooking @ 350 for about 1-2 min each side, then flip. Both sides should be browned. 

Serve with fresh fruit topping, or agave nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment