Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ooey Gooey Cake


The name of this cake may seem quite in appropriate... but it so is. This cake is so delicious! It is heaven in cake form. At least in my opinion. If you like chocolate, caramel, and more chocolate... then this is your kind of cake. This is a very rich cake. So a glass of milk is totally needed. And if your on a "diet" you will have to make believe that your no longer on a "diet", because your going to die and go to heaven, and forget about what ever it was you were trying to avoid... It's all here! This cake is what I'm going to eat for breakfast, I made it last night and because it's so rich I only can eat one piece a day. However, my children can eat it non stop... so I have to put limits on this cake. I think if I had made a jello cake instead I could eat the whole thing in one night, but this takes time to savor and enjoy! You'll see what I mean when I tell you how to make it. Oh, and it's so easy it's a semi-from scratch. I made it at home but with items that can be purchased from the store. Be fore warned.. this may cause sever drooling, chocolate fit attacks, and a sweet tooth...

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix (including ingredients to make cake mix)
1-2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
chocolate syrup
caramel sauce
whipped cream
1 bamboo skewer

Directions:
Make the chocolate cake mix according to package directions in a 13X9 pan. After you pull it out of the oven HOT. (That is key) poke holes in the cake mix with the bamboo skewer (all along the top of the cake). Next, pore sweetened condensed milk on top of the Hot cake, then pore caramel and chocolate sauce on top of the sweetened condensed milk.

Either place in the refrigerator or set out on the counter top to allow the cake to cool and soak up the deliciousness. Before serving. Either spread non-dairy whipped topping, or Whipped Cream (I recommend) on top, then drizzle more chocolate sauce and caramel sauce on top.

Serve with a large glass of milk.

Verdict!
HEAVEN in a pan! That is if your a chocolate fan! if not, try my jello cake if you prefer a fruity flavor or non-chocolate and lower calorie cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment