Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jello Cake


This dish is a deliciously sweet EASY cake. I know how easy can it be? you may be asking yourself. But it really is. I like this dish on a hot summer day. It's cold and delicious. It's sweet and light. It is also fruitie (is that really a word, for me it is) without adding any fruit to it. I also like to make jello cakes to go along with some holidays like St. Patricks day, or Easter. Even the 4th of July!  This cake will make you want to add jello to almost every cake you make. At least for me it does. I don't make this very often because I tend to forget about it sometimes, or I don't want to wear it out too much.

Ingredients:
1 cake mix (preferably white, yellow, butter or french vanilla)
1 box jello mix (plus hot water to help dissolve, and cold water - per package instructions)
whipped cream/non-dairy whipped topping
1 bamboo skewer

Directions:
Make cake mix per box instructions in a 13X9. Make jello per package instructions in a medium bowl - set aside (do not refrigerate yet). After cake is removed from the oven-HOT- poke holes all over the top of the cake with the bamboo skewer. Next - Pour the whole bowl of dissolved jello on top of the HOT cake. (Yes, I said pour the whole thing). Then place the pan in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours to let the jello set, and the cake cool. After jello has congealed, and cake is cooled. Spread the whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping on top. And dig in!

Verdict!
So delicious, and tasty. I have used strawberry jello, lime jello, and even mixed jello flavors (I don't use all of it then. But it tastes delicious. These are light, yet flavorful cakes without adding too much to the waist line. Always a winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment