Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crock pot Chicken

Tonight is an easy dinner. I love, Love, LOVE crock pot meals. I really enjoy letting them do most of the work. Is that bad? I don't think so. Isn't it better to work smarter not harder? Well, tonight luckily for me is another easy crock pot dinner. Crock pot chicken... can I just say it's heavenly! We never have any leftovers. I am going out on a limb here to say I have never had a yummier crock pot chicken dish then this. I know i'm crazy but it's the truth. Try it and you'll agree... I think so anyways.

Ingredients:
10 chicken tenders or 5 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
2 cans of cream of whatever soup (I used cream of mushroom with roasted garlic and cream of chicken.
1 pkg dry italian dressing mix
1 stick of butter
1 room temperature 8oz brick of cream cheese

Directions
Mix the cream soups and italian dressing mix together in the crock pot. then add the butter and chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4. Before serving blend in the cream cheese. (remove the chicken from the sauce, add the cream cheese and blend either with a immersible mixer or with a wisk, then replace the chicken.) Should be a nice smooth cream sauce. You can either leave the chicken tenders/chicken breasts whole or shred them.

Serve with orzo, rice, or egg noodles. I like to serve a green veggie with this dish. The sauce is heavenly. The chicken is tender, fall apart. My children and hubby eat it till it's gone. No leftovers. If you want leftovers, I suggest you make a double batch. So delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment