Thursday, December 9, 2010

Slow cooker Smothered Pork Chops - Quick




This morning on our menu we have smothered pork chops. I had bought at reduced price, a package of bone-in pork chops, and stuck them in the freezer for a later date. I thawed them in the fridge, and went to find my Campbells french onion soup. I was only able to find one can, I then checked my food storage where I found a Progresso French Onion Soup. It is much larger than the french onion soup by Campbell's, but I used it anyways.The first thing I did was cut out the bones. This is an easy step, but not needed if you don't want to. I do it because my husband doesn't like to cut around the bone when he is trying to eat. It is definitely cheaper to buy bone-in and then remove the bones when you get home either before you freeze or after. Here is how quick this came together after removing the bones.

Ingredients:
2 lbs bone-in pork chops (approx 8 pork chops)
1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup
1 can Progresso French Onion Soup
1 can Cream of chicken, mushroom or what ever soup (I used a can of Cream of Chicken with Herbs)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and pepper for taste


In the 6 quart crock pot, I added the soups and mixed well.










Next I removed the bones from the pork chops and seasoned with sea salt and pepper.














Then I heated the olive oil in a small skillet and lightly browned/seared, the pork chops.













Once they were browned on both sides, I placed them in the crock pot with the soup mixture. and set on low for 8 hours.












My family loves this recipe. They are so tasty and quick and easy. It happens really quick because over high heat in the hot oil, they brown quickly, and then your done. You can serve this with noodles, rice, potatoes, or what ever starch you want. You could even top with cheese and brown in the oven to add further flavor and yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment