Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peach Cobbler

This is my absolute favorite peach cobbler recipe. I got it from a great friend in Winchester, Virginia. After I had her's I don't make any others. :) This recipe was given to me by Sister Shake. She is amazing. I think of her sweet spirit each time I make this. Her sweet smile. Ah, good times. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.


Ingredients
2 cups of milk
2 cups self-rising cake flour (self-rising flour sifted works fine too)
2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter - diced into small pieces
1/2 cup oil
2 cups peaches in heavy syrup (or *homemade canned peaches in syrup)
*1-2 tsp cornstarch and water(only if using homemade canned peaches)

Mix together the milk, flour, sugar and oil.












In a medium sauce pan heat the peaches until the liquid is thickened. *If you are using the homemade caned peaches once the liquid is boiling add the dissolved cornstarch mixture and stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.













Pour the peach thickened mixture into a 13X9 pan, add pats of butter evenly on top of the peach mixture.













Next pour the milk, flour, sugar and oil mixture on top. stir slightly to evenly distribute the milk mixture.












Place in a preheated 350F oven for 30-35 min. Till the top of the cobbler is browned. Remove from oven and enjoy either warm or cold, with ice cream and/or whipped cream. This is even delicious plain with no toppings :) So Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment