Sunday, November 14, 2010

Orange Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Roast with Caramelized Onions


This recipe was a creation and a conglomeration of several recipes that I read when I was looking for something to do with my pork roast. I read several recipes and my mouth was just watering. So, of course, I had to create my own version of these recipes... Unfortunately, I forgot to write down my exact measurements. I also, forgot to properly measure. :( however, I can tell you approximately what I used. I seem to do a lot of my cooking my non exacts except when I baking. That is definitely more precise. Here is what I did.

Ingredients:
1 pork roast approx. 3-5 lbs (keep netting on)
4-5 oranges- fresh squeezed juice (making sure no seeds make it into the glaze)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
4-5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp stone ground mustard
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp corn starch
salt and pepper
1 medium onion sliced

Preheat the oven to 350F. Rinse and dry the pork roast, set aside. In a medium mixing bowl blend together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, brown sugar, corn starch and salt and pepper. Mix well. In the bottom of a covered roasting pan, place the slices of the medium onion. Then place the pork roast on top of the onions. Then glaze the pork well with the glaze. Then cover and place in the oven on the center rack, and bake for 1 hour, then remove lid and reglaze the pork. Return pork back in the oven with no lid. Then after another 30 minutes reglaze the pork and cook for another 30 minutes. Once the internal temperature reaches 160F then remove from the oven. Reglaze again once after the pork has left the oven. Let rest for 15 min at least. After it's rested, remove the netting and throw the netting away. Cut into the roast, and enjoy.

Verdict, My husband said it was so EPIC that he would even do the dishes anytime I decided to make this again. :) Plus, he's cleaning the kitchen tonight. I really enjoyed eating the roast with the caramelized onions that caramelized on the bottom under the pork roast in the glaze. OH... So yummy! :) my kids even had the onions and extra glaze on their pork.

2 comments:

  1. This was the best pork dish I have had. It was beyond yummy. So good in fact I volunteered to do the dishes afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight and my husband walked in the door and said that it smelled great! Then he tasted it...we are fans!

    ReplyDelete