Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chicken Enchilada's







I had this pulled chicken from when I made the chicken broth and I wanted to use it up, before it went bad. I polled on Facebook what to make either chicken noodle soup or chicken enchilada and the verdict was a unanimous chicken enchilada. :) yummy.

My recipe makes two large pans, so feel free to share one of these yummy dishes with a neighbor, or freeze for future use.

Ingredients:

Filling
2 veggie pucks (see chicken broth)
1/2 cup salsa
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp dried minced onion
3 tsp taco seasoning
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp fresh ground sea salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can sweet corn
4-5 cups diced/pulled chicken
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12-14 flour tortillas

Topping
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium minced jalapeno (no seeds, or green chili's)
Sprinkle a little mexican cheese blend on top..













Mix all of the fillings together and fill into the flour tortillas,













roll and place into 13X9 pan. (this will fill 2 - 13X9 pans.














Mix all of the topping ingredients together. Use the same bowl you mixed the filling in without rinsing to get some of the flavor.












Spread topping on top of the rolled flour tortillas, and then sprinkle with cheese.














Cover with Foil and bake in the oven 350 for 30-45 min until bubbly and heated through (all things precooked) just needing heated through. Enjoy :)




Verdict! :) Well, I love it! This has great flavor, not too much to be spicy, but just enough of a kick to let you know its a mexican dish. The sweet corn makes a nice touch and adding a little crunch to the dish instead of being all mushy. Another thing that I like is that since I didn't add any sauce to the bottom of the pan or spray it with cooking spray, it is nicely golden with a little crunch too, not a stale crunch but a nice crunch. In all, I am very pleased with this dish. I made this with things I already had in the house and it is very healthy. Lots of added veggies from the veggie pucks, and you don't even know it. :) I love that. My son has scouts tonight at 5:30, and this will be something he can eat before he goes. :) I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I gave away my second dish to have a friend try it. :) I'll let you know what she says. But I give it two thumbs up!!


1 comment:

  1. wow. i am literally salivating reading this. good one, shae.

    ReplyDelete