Thursday, November 25, 2010

AMAZING Thanksgiving Turkey

I decided to make my first thanksgiving turkey this year. I have never in my life ever made a turkey. I have been so very intimidated by making a turkey. My husband doesn't really like turkey's either, so I usually make ham for thanksgiving. I decided it was time to stop being so intimidated by such things. I talked myself into cooking the bird. I asked my husband to forgive me if it wasn't good and if it was dry. I did my research and read a few things on how it is best to cook a turkey and if I needed to brine it. I decided to brine my turkey. I put it in the brine by noon the day before I wanted to cook it. For instructions on what I did with my brine. Check my post on Turkey Brine. For cooking it... I did a few things...

Ingredients:
1 12-14 lb turkey - brined
softened seasoned butter - your choice of seasoning
1 large roasting pan with rack
paper towels


Preheat the oven to 350F. Remove turkey from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Make sure to dry it well. Place the dried turkey in the roasting pan. Stuff with stuffing (optional).













Spread the softened seasoned butter all over the turkey with your hands.













Once the oven is preheated and the turkey is smothered all over with the seasoned butter. It is ready to be placed in the oven. Make sure the oven rack is on the second to last rung. Remove the turkey when the breast temp internally is 165F, Approx 3 hours. Periodically baste the turkey with drippings from the turkey to help it have a more uniformed brown skin. Let the turkey rest for 20 min before carving (this will help the turkey remain moisture).



Verdict...

My husband who doesn't like turkey, said it was the BEST turkey he has ever had. So flavorful and delicious. He couldn't stop eating it as he was carving it. I stuffed my turkey with a Sausage, Bacon, Apple stuffing which I will be posting the recipe in a separate post. This was by far the best turkey I have ever had. My kids LOVED it, too! This was the most delectable turkey, so moist, and flavorful! It tasted heavenly... I will be making this again!!! :) I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and if you try this Turkey recipe... it is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment