Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice with Mushrooms

Tonights dinner is a take on a different crock-pot meal I made a few weeks ago. This one I am adding a can of mushrooms and cream of onion soup instead of the other, to see if it will be even tastier. This was delicious last time I made it. I'm hoping for another good meal. As it's almost 3pm and I'm finally putting it in the crock-pot. It's been a slow summer day, and with it being summer, I don't want to heat the house with the oven and stove. The slow cooker is my friend in the summer more I think than any other time of year. Do you ever feel that way? What is your favorite time of year to use the slow cooker?

Ingredients:
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can sweet corn (drained)
1 6.5 oz can of mushrooms (drained)
1 14oz can of chicken broth
6 oz while rice mix (I used the organic Harvest Medley from Costco)
1 italian dressing dry mix
1 -12 oz bag of frozen crinkle cut carrots
8 chicken tenders (boneless, skinless)

Directions:
Add everything to the slow cooker - cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours until rice is tender and chicken is cooked.

It's just dump and stir, set and forget it.

Easy dinner and delicious.

1 comment:

  1. The chicken was good, but the wild rice was crunchy still after 4 hours. I think next time I'll cook the rice separate and add it later. I have yet to have rice that is cooked in the slow cooker come out right... it's always crunchy. :( other than that it was good. I didn't get pictures. Sorry, next time. :)

    ReplyDelete