Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lemon Pepper Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Mushroom Creme Orzo with Sweetened Ranch butter Corn

Tonights dinner was my attempt to try to make a healthy, delicious dinner. My husband LOVES fish/seafood... I mean REALLY LOVES it. So I have been trying to purchase more and more seafood/fish, to help him eat healthier and to help me lose weight... That's my hope anyways. So I have been trying to find ways to make fish taste good. I haven't really made a lot of fish in my life that isn't fried. Which to me makes it lose it's healthiness. Today is my attempt to have a "fake" fried fish. The topping didn't stay on and it was so flaky that it fell apart when I was trying to transfer it from the pan to the serving plate and our plates.

I got HUGE props by my hubby that it was really good and just what he needed when he came home. It came right out of the oven 2 minutes before he got home. Talk about perfect timing. I was going to make brown rice but I didn't really want brown rice. So, I decided orzo would be good with some mushroom sauce. I know I didn't have a lot of color variety on my plate for this picture, but it was all yummy.

Ingredients for Tilapia

6 Tilapia filets
1 bottle lemon pepper 30 min marinade
2 bags of shake and bake parmesan cheese

Directions for Tilapia
In a gallon size ziploc freezer bag, pour the lemon pepper marinade into the bag. Before you add the tilapia filets pierce them with a fork throughout the fillet, then place them in the ziploc bag. Set in the fridge for 30 min or so, (the longer you marinade the more flavorful the fish).
Remove the fish after the allotted time. Next you pour the parmesan shake n bake into another clean gallon size freezer bag. Then one by one toss the tilapia filets and shake to cover with the crust mixture. Then place on a pam sprayed cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20-25 minutes until flaky. Serve Warm

Mushroom Creme Orzo
Ingredients:
Orzo pasta - aprox enough for 5 people
1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1/4 cup of half and half
salt and pepper to taste

Once you cook the orzo pasta to al dente', add the mushroom soup and the half and half, salt and pepper. Season to taste and then warm, and serve.

Sweetened Ranch Butter Corn
2 cans of corn
3 Tbsp sugar
2Tbsp Ranch
3 Tbsp butter

Add the corn, sugar, ranch and butter all at once and cook on the stove stirring frequently until bubbly and heated through... Serve warm.

This was a HIT... all of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment