Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brownie cake cookies



Ok, so I have lots of chocolate cake mixes, which I got on sale a while ago. I thought I'd make lots of chocolate cake for my kids, but they haven't been wanting to eat chocolate cake. So, they have just been sitting in my pantry taking up space. A friend of mine suggested making cake mix cookies. I looked at her dumb founded. I'd never heard of that. But I was intrigued. So, she gave me her recipe. It sounded easy enough she said it's easy just remember 1,2, 3. Well, I glanced at the recipe, then after I added all the ingredients and measured properly, At least I thought I had. I looked again at the recipe and realized that I added water instead of oil. UGH... rookie mistake... Ok, So, then i added about 1/4 cup oil to the already mixed mix. So I'll try to remember 1,2,3,4. So, here is what I did. The picture is the cookies, with powdered sugar on them.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup water
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup oil
1 chocolate cake mix

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix til blended together. The mix will seem like brownie mix. (hence the Brownie in the name). Then drop by spoonful onto PAM'd cookie sheet. Bake 9 min. Then remove from oven. Let cool 1-2 min. Then place on wax paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. EAT and Enjoy!

The Verdict:

My kids said they are AWESOME! They are pretty cool, easy and fun to make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment